View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 08:11 AM

Smile Folks you are now part of the plan!

This "will he or won't he" , who will be the next leader, will he/she be an MP, and anything else that will push PP off the front page is part of the plan. The government can call an election when ever they want, and they won't want until they think that they can win!

I don't think that Alberta is in play so we won't see a lot of action out here, but in ridings that they think that they can win, either from the NDs of the UCPs , you will see visits and your money spread around "liberally" to coin a phrase!

If there is an election this year I think that it will be in the summer, so soon. More likely next summer, so here's what might happen, JT resigns "to spend more time with his family" he may even resign his seat. If there is a by-election the Libs will win it so nothing to see there. You can get an interim leader who is NOT a candidate for the next leader, people like Marc Carney will float their names around to see how much of the JT hate sticks to them. They will like to keep this type of speculation going as long as possible. Sort of a cathartic for the PM.

The plan is to keep PP out of the spotlight and to rev up as much support for their new leader as possible. They will want to target seats that they can win from either the UCP or more likely the NDs. I don't know yet what seats they are but we will all soon know.

Remember that this is all about winning and these guys are very good at it. We will be hearing a lot about this for the next year. No elections in the winter, spring or fall either so that leaves summer, guess which year.

I'm guessing next year so that they can get as much free publicity as possible before an election, which by all accounts they should lose, but don't bet on it, at least not yet.