View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 04:03 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Very good to hear. Have been a longtime fan of Duratracs so nice to know the new model is even better than the old ones. Th old ones were great in mud, deep snow, wet pavement and fairly good on ice. The E rated I run have a noticeable hum but it never really bothered me. Having these be even quieter is a good thing as long as they dig in mud and snow as good as the old ones.
Yeah I ran the previous generation for a good 5 or 6 years year round and I can say so far the new ones were noticeably better in the winter crap we got this past late winter. The tread pattern has tightened up slightly compared to the old ones, which is a definite factor in the improved sound quality, but they have increased the sipe density which is a factor in the improved traction. I have yet to give them an offroad test personally but I do have a lot of Oil & Gas clients along with hunters and "off the beaten path" types running them and so far all reports are solid.

No long term feedback though of course being so new to the market so time will tell how they fair long term.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23