View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Interesting. Never had anything to do with a toyota, never even touched one until the GF got a new Tacoma last year for a company truck. Think it's a '22, same year as her dodge 1/2 ton with a hemi. Dodge is loaded to the nuts, toyota is close. Fuel mileage is the same in both trucks and that's where the similarities end. Dodge has more power than needed in a 1/2 ton. Toyota is very underwhelming in power. Creature comforts and head and shoulders above in the dodge. Pretty sure the toyota was built for someone with a 32" inseam or less. Horribly uncomfortable for me. I've drove it and I can hardly get out of it, gotta twist leg sideways just to get it under the steering wheel.
After being around that tacoma owning one would never cross my mind.
No idea what the tundras are like, maybe they are a better truck?
I've got a 3/4 ton with a hemi here as well. Has 35's on it and getting 14-15 L/100 km and as an added bonus it
pulls a 12000 lb holiday trailer around fairly handily (fuel
mileage drops considerbly of course) pretty good for a gasser. Guessing the tundra isn't doing any of that so not sure where the "fuel pig" statement comes from
Compare 1/2 ton pickups from 2022 on up, and the twin turbo V6 Tundra produces more torque thatln the 5.7 Hemi, at around 1000 rpm less and the fuel mileage is considerably better. In fact the 5.7hemi is the worst of GM, Ford, Toyota and Ram for fuel consumption in those years. Chrysler is actually replacing the 5.7hemi with a
twin turbo inline 6 for 2025, but fuel consumption estimates are not much better than the hemi, which will still leave Ram at the bottom fuel consumption wise for gas engines of similar power output. As for comparing a Tacoma to a full sized half ton they aren't meant to compare, I had a Tacoma, and my F150, and the new Tundra both get better fuel economy than my Tacoma did, while producing way more power, and providing much more room.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 04-27-2024 at 02:57 PM.