View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 07:58 AM

I can tell you now ,since i am very close to your age my hunting style has changed also . I used to leave my quad in my truck and start walking before the sun came out and return at noon for lunch when i hunted on crown land . I would do both walk until i see tracks then sit and wait .then keep walking and sit again .
I stopped hunting farm land now ,because every 1/2 hr someone thought they owned the land and would just drive in, and circle the field where I was sitting in and then drive out fast .
Now that I am older like you i need to be more safe , I try to keep the truck in my vision at all times when i solo hunt. ( I sold my ATV 2 years ago ) Been mostly road hunting on crown land now driving down lease roads very slow . and just looking down cut lines . Its worked out really good because now i can hunt during the week away from the weekend crowds . I filled two tags in the first two weeks last year doing this .
A lot of people frown upon road hunters in trucks ,but its no different than them driving Atv on the roads and cut lines.
I hope this helps you being more safe .

Last edited by -JR-; 04-19-2024 at 08:05 AM.