Thread: Crossbows
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 10:18 AM

@ Hayseed

To get started you need to go to AB F&W and find the application form to get the crossbow exemption.

Fill that out with reason you need to able to use a crossbow, submit it and hopefully you will get approved with no hassle.

In my case I didn't know the process so started by consulting my doctor, who then sent me for xrays and tests on my shoulder.

The examination and xrays verified that my right shoulder is screwed, so my doctor then wrote a note to that effect.

Then I learned about the F&W exemption application. So when I submitted that I was able to attach the medical reports, doc's letter and my application got approved immediately.

But then finally, once you get the crossbow exemption approved, you got to go to the local hunting license place and buy the crossbow license.

After you have that crossbow license it will show up on your Alberta RELM with your other licenses, and it renews automatically then each year.

Overall it is a fairly simple process to go through.

If you were to apply and be refused the crossbow exemption, then the medical testing/proof would likely have to be done.
"Placed correctly Swift A-Frames will reliably kill big bears. So will North Forks, Nosler Partitions, Barnes TSX, Kodiaks, Woodleighs, GS soft points, Hornady Interbonds and Speer Grand Slams - and if I missed your favorite bullet -it probably will too.
It's time to go hunting and quit all this ballistic masturbation."

Phil Shoemaker