View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 07:39 AM

Great write up Don! It was so clear cut and unarguable that I doubt the government could understand it, yet alone pay attention to someone of your position and credibility. Would love to sit in a room with about 20 or people like you and me whom have fished and enjoyed Wab for the past 30+ years and tell a Government official what we have all seen over the years, show the albums of pictures and share the stories over the years that would provide all the "Scientific" evidence they could ever need. Your suggestions are also probably to straight forward, simplistic and evident for them to be able to implement. Just open the darn lake for retention on a general licence, thin out a few hundred thousand walleye in that over populated size bracket, check it next year and adjust for affect. Lol..my wife has named that specific sized walleye..."Kevin"...not sure where she came up with that one...but for the past few years when we head there that's all I hear.."Yep Kevin's Back!" Because that's all we catch and it just that same fish over and over. She doest wat to even hit Wab anymore "Why?" She says..."So I can catch Kevin 20 times??" I surely intend to spend many more days out there enjoying my retirement during the week this year and do a bunch of fishing in areas that maybe are not usually on my list, just to see what is going on all over the lake. Hopefully will see you out there! Keep up the great work Don, it's appriciated!