View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
Yeah, the Vedder can be a real gong show in October. The Harrison and Chehalis Rivers, especially the Harrison, offer more space for fly fishing for coho and of course for cutties and chum. And there are places in the Fraser itself where one can find coho with the fly rod.

Over on the Island beach fishing can be good for coho on the fly.

My favorite fly is the Mickey Finn.
Chehalis below the Easter seal is where I commonly caught coho on big streamers on a floating line. But often rain made the windows for this limited. If I remember hearing right from a friend this stretch is closed to fishing now

The Harrison is great once you figure out the channels the coho run. Waders or a boat makes a huge difference too. When I guided and clients wanted cutties/bulls the Harrison was my first choice if timing was right. Being a bigger river it takes a little more time to dial in and a lot of guys give up or get intimidated because of it

Back when you were still allowed to target sturgeon in the Harrison I caught a few from a float tube on that river lol

But really I got turned off from salmon fishing from the people over time. Watched the numbers of fish decline, numbers of fishermen increase and the ethnics go to crap. Coho was my favorite to target when I did