View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Unfortunately, politics is a game, it always has been, and it always will be, and there is really no way to change that.
As the the people that aren't paying attention, and that can't figure out what a 23% increase in the carbon tax is, those are the type of people that elected Trudeau three times.
Of interest, the price increase on this tax is not linear. It is more complicated than simply adding numbers as the rebates need to be applied to individual contributions to accurately provide factual increases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
You have my attention. Please show me the carbon tax I was paying in 2007

Secondly the carbon tax is absolutely going up 23% not 3 cents on April 1st. This is not a scare tactic. If you want to challenge that put your money where your mouth is and guarantee all canadians that the carbon tax is going up 3 cents. So if NG goes up its 23% and equates to more than 3 cents will you cover it? How about coal is it going up 3 cents? Heating oil will only be 3 cents? Diesel? Propane? Its going up 23% not 3 cents.

You need to actually read or get informed about all of the plans PP has already laid out, you won’t read about them in the LPC pamphlets you receive from your party of choice.

Also you have said a few times that cancelling it with no plan is a bad idea as a solution is needed. The cancelling is the solution. Nothing else needed.
I may be wrong, but I think it was Quebec in 2007 that placed a price on carbon first...

See my response to Elk above, the tax is not linear. What about the eastern provinces where the carbon pricing was relaxed on heating oils, is this 23% ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Why is that manipulating numbers? It's going up 23%. Same as next year, year after, year after.......
It's kinda facts. Saying 3 cents would be more of a libber or dipper tactic, makes it sound smaller I suppose. Easy to pull the wool over voters eyes. Kinda like mailing out rebate checks rather than knocking it off your taxes lol.
Again, see above replies. It's not cut and dry by no means.