View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
How much is the carbon tax increase on April 1?
The current carbon pricing stands at C$65 per tonne, slated to rise to C$80 per tonne on April 1. Then it will increase annually thereafter by C$15 until reaching C$170 per tonne by 2030. Price in Canadian dollars.

23% Not sure what part of that you are not understanding/having a problem with? If I was Pierre I would continue to do exactly what he is doing now, drawing attention to the pain of citizens. Axing the tax is a plan by the way. It will get fleshed out when the writ is dropped, why would he say what the plan is now. If green energy is more efficient, if it is not now I believe it will soon be, you can bet the farm energy companies will be using it, capitalism on display.
I don't have a problem myself with the numbers, If politicians explained as you have, there is no confusion. Unfortunately they don't and here lies the problem.

It's like some of you feel Pierre's plan is proprietary and he will paten the idea You do realize that if the conservatives get elected, there plan will be scrutinized by all. I guess we are so use to the system we just accept inept governance by all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Axeman says AXE THE TAX!

So I for one would like Shedhead to explain to us the virtues of this carbon tax in his own words. I would even like to hear why he would think that this tax is better than no plan at all. Sorry man, and I hate to lay this on you because I do think you are a thoughtful and intelligent person, but your posts do come across as a defence of Trudeau's plan. I will check back tonight.
I'm not sure what Shedhead's take is but mine is the carbon tax is simple to implement and an incentive to for people and businesses to pollute less.

Does it work, yes and no. The plan has pushed other technologies in the right direction, but at the same time created greater wealth division. There is good and bad in everything, I do not support Trudeau, nor the tax. The older I get, the more concerned I am for the future of our country and our children. I don't like games especially when it affects my family.

Enjoy the rest of your day.