View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 11:20 AM

So I'm wondering what plan you might be looking for?
The Carbon Tax is not about reducing carbon consumption - it is just another example of the Clown Prince posing (and sticking his hand into your pocket for more money to p!ss away while simultaneously making Canadian industry noncompetitive in the international market.)
Canada and Canadian business are already well down the path of carbon reduction. The current regime has blocked the most pragmatic means of carbon reduction, which would be allowing coal fired thermal plants to be rolled over to natural gas. Fugitive methane emissions can be dealt with through catalytic burners in the exhaust stream and the heat recaptured.
This would assure that the lights still go on when folks flip the switch.
Unfortunately the current gang of clowns are led by an ideologue who has no grasp of either economics or practicality) and who is stuck on the idea that fossil fuel use must be punished (except if he needs to fly off to a conference somewhere to pontificate on why fossil fuel is bad) sadly, he has so far been unable to contact Harry Potter to aid in his quest for zero emissions electricity.

Poillievre has said that they will scrap the tax and will encourage companies to invest in low carbon technologies including micro nuclear all this without killing the Canadian economy.
What's not to like?

Last edited by Sundog57; 03-22-2024 at 11:29 AM.