View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Just get your self some tire chains with some V bar on them . Thats all the big logging trucks use on their hyw tires.
I drove a 1/2 ton 2 wheel drive truck to every drilling rig in Alberta and BC for 15 years as a mechanic. then a 4x4 after that and it was always in 2x4 Never even had tire chains . But if i had a trailer to pull i would have gotten a set . Been down the Chinchaga Rd many times ,even drove straight threw to Dawson Creek from that road . Tire chains will work a lot better than any off road tire if it rains and freezes. Plus the tires you have on now will be so much nicer on the hyw . But if you need a new set of tires the BF Goodrich Ko2 is what i would throw on the back .
Funny that you mention the BF Goodrich KO2. I've been looking at them and I think they will be my next tires. The Continentals that I've got on it now really have quite a bit of tread left; I don't think I'm going to drop $2,000 on a set of tires if I don't really need them for now.

Here are the chains that I've got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will they work?