View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
I'll second (third?) what others have stated here about the chains - My old hunting mentor took regularly took his 2WD Chevy through the Swan Hills gumbo, while carrying a camper and towing a tandem with his machines on it. The chains (and taking his time) were key.

With your chains, if you haven't yet, practice a bit at home so you're not scratching your head trying to figure them out while you're knee-deep in muck.

And bring some basic recovery gear (you can pick that up here too): A sturdy shovel, rope, traction aids, shackles. A battery booster pack can be handy too, especially if you're off the beaten path.

And like Savage Bacon says - let us know how you make out! Hope you have a great time up here.
Thanks. I grew up in Ft. Erie, ON and in winter chains were a regular part of life for me.

Great idea about the battery booster pack! I had one, but it crapped out on me; I need to order another one.

For the truck I just installed a Grille Bar, 12,000 lb winch, LED light bar, and LED fog lights for this trip.