View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
I'm torn on this as well.
If this mining is lucrative, why hasn't a Canadian Company stepped up?

I'd like to see a 2.5 billion dollar deposit that increases over 5 years time to 5 Billion dollars that would cover clean up, and reclamation of the site should the mine not reclaim it properly themselves. If everything is good at the end of the mine cycle and not contamination. Give them their money back.

I'd also like to see bimonthly water testing at the expense of the mine owners to ensure headwaters and everything down stream remains clean.

Allowing them to proceed without restriction and not protecting the province from a financial loss isn't good business when it comes to our resources and water supply.

BW
Once the ground is stripped and mining begins, rain and snow melt will wash selenium down into the rivers and creeks. There is no method known to fix that. That’s my conundrum.

Exposing the rock to Mother Nature will create an unstoppable problem and leaching will go on.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin