View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
With my 2022 Chevy 1500 and the 3.0l Duramax Diesel I just ran back from Penticton to Calgary doing the usual 10kmh over the entire way, through both major mountain passes, averaged at 8.0l/100km for the entire trip which I was really impressed with! I find around the city I am usually around 8.9l/100km to mid 9's depending how I am driving it. Over winter a bit more with idling at start up much longer.

Granted with the price of diesel generally being about 5 to 10 cents higher than gas (I am always watching gas buddy for the best deals when they come up) and having to run DEF it is close to a wash, but man do I really love this motor almost 50K in!
My brother has the same year and same motor ,just loves it. I almost went with your truck, but my Ford only had 15k on it so they really wanted that F250 so I traded for f150 .If I'm not happy with this thing the only other I would get is exactly what you have .

I laugh about guys thinking there brand is the best ,they all have issues here and there .Never had a perfect truck ,came close .

Diesel prices hopefully get better in the future ,it darn well should.