View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Does your park brake in fact work. IF the lever that is located near the brake does not have full travel you will get the warning light. These get sticky if not lubed regularly and especially if you don't use it a lot. What usually happens is they don't fully release and causes the brakes to drag and stay partly on. If there is any sag in your park brake cable you know for sure something is out of adjustment. Many guys see their cable hanging down and just ignore it, hard on the park brake shoes and not good for gas mileage wither. Our road salt is hard on these kinds of parts.

Being yours is a 2018 it may have the electronic brake, depending on trim level.

https://www.f150forum.com/attachment...evice-mode.pdf
It’s the electronic brake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
Electronic park brake, have to scan for code and check wiring. Probably a rock damaged wire, possibly actuator. Find a shop that has proper scan tool to deal with it, has functions needed to clear code, initialize system.
I’ll book it into a shop this week. Need it for work so it’s a PITA. Guess I need to dust off the old ‘09 GM I have sitting in the garage for a couple days