View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
The key word in your post is that you “suspect”. This means you don’t really have a clue but wanna jump on the bashing bandwagon and sound important when you surely know nothing about what law enforcement is actually like. Guess you’d prefer if law enforcement went back to when they didn’t have body armor, long guns and carried 38specials. Then you’d criticize them for not being able to properly respond and effectively deal with situations like the North Hollywood Shootout, 1986 FBI Miami shootout or perhaps a little closer to home the Mayerthorpe shooting in 2005. Unless of course you are openly advocating and desire to live in a Trudeau paradise with ZERO privately owned forearms!

Let me ask you this. Have you ever walked up to a vehicle to address a crime not knowing who is inside or what is inside. Are they a priest carpenter banker doped up druggie or murderer on the run? Do they have a hammer knife shotgun aimed at you? You ever go to work every day not knowing if some dirt bag is gunna walk up to you at a gas stationand shoot you dead because of your job? You ever respond to someone’s cry for help only be ambushed and killed or turned into a vegetable?I care to say your job does not have these risk yet can easily find real world stories where that has happened to men and women in blue. I can give you a personal story of a simple traffic stop for speed that would result in a verbal warning to slow down only to find out they were wanted for a double homicide. I can tell you of 2 coworkers 1 ambushed and shot in the head and the other run over by a truck. What about David Delaittre Montana highway patrol who made a traffic stop the year I became a deputy and was shot and killed by the driver. How about you tell his dad who heard the gunshot that killed his son that David was too aggressive.

You say cops are cranked up and think everyone is gunna kill them. Until you have a job where you hold members of the public accountable for their actions without knowing who they are or what they’re capable of you can with all due respect shove off! We don’t have the luxury living in a world of what’s the chance something will happen. We live in the world of what COULD happen! like every profession there’s good and bad people. Ones who should be there and those who should not such as this thread. Your ignorance by painting the entire career field with your misguided brush shows how little you know. I hope you never truly need law enforcement help but if you do I hope you get the same grace and compassion you show them!
Well said...