View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 11:38 AM

I'm not sure if it's the same thing but they look similar. https://www.gpscentral.ca/product/ga...rtable-bundle/

I wanted a small one for a kayak and this came with an ice fishing transducer as well. I mostly use it to measure the water depth since most of the fishing is on the bottom and you will not be able to see the fish unless is 1' or so off the bottom but I believe this is true for most of the relatively not expensive sonars.

I didn't use it in open water yet, but I assume it will serve me for the same purpose: to figure out water depth and drop offs.

I also have a cheap underwater camera that I find it way more useful than the sonar for ice fishing, although it has its limitations (can't use it too deep and at night or if the water is not clear enough) but now I feel like I'm blind if I can't use it.
I carry both of them and I can see the sonar only detects lure/fish when it's 1' or so off the bottom. It depends on the bottom too. It might be that you can mess with the gain and other settings but I didn't since not all the concepts are clear to me, so it stay on auto/factory default.

All I can say is that it is way better than without any.