View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 08:25 PM

I came across this guy watching YouTube videos a couple of years ago.

Per his Instagram post that you guys put on, here are his (3) charged offenses:

Killed a Ram in the ghost river wilderness area.
Shot a moose that was under his cameramen's tag.
His wife shot a bear in BC and he applied his own bear tag to the animal.

My own opinion about each offense:

I think the killing of the ram in the ghost river wilderness area is a pretty big offense. He admits it and seems to sincerely be sorry about the error. He claims he did not know the boundaries he was in. I don't hunt in that area but still I only learned of this wilderness area in the last few years. I think someone should be charged/fined for harvesting an animal there since you should be aware of the area you are hunting in and know the boundaries.

Killing a moose using his buddies/partners tag...
I bet 1/2 the people out there hunting moose share a tag with a buddy. Alberta even gives you an option to assign a partner to your tag. They still hunted a moose with a legal tag and tagged it after harvesting. To me this is a pretty minor infraction compared to the first offense. The worst infraction here is that they didn't fill out their government paper work to assign the partner license.

Same as above, the guy was with his wife and she took the shot and he tagged the animal with his legal tag. To me seems pretty inconsequential.

Honestly I like the guy and I think his videos are very well done. Hope he learned a lesson and keeps making videos. (Unless there is something more shady to the story than I've seen, I've only watched his YouTube videos so maybe somebody knows something more than I do)

Last edited by capncrunch1111; 02-09-2024 at 08:52 PM.