View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 09:43 AM

So I am making a knife, and tried a new( to me) handle material called Terotuf. I got a few different colors, and tried orange for the first one.

It is similar to canvas Micarta, but it is lighter. This material is made of 100% polyester resin and fabric with no fillers, is non-toxic, chemically resistant to most cleaning supplies, and does not swell in water.

Once sanded to 320 grit, it is "fabric-like", and grippy. In fact, it is more grippy when wet or bloodied. Can be easily cleaned using a toothbrush with Dawn soap/water.

The surface, due to the exposed fibers, has a dull textile look. Not pretty shiny. It does get a little darker after use.

It machined very well. Using a quality brad point bit, I was able to drill nice crisp pin holes. Hand finishing was pleasant to say the least.

I will definitely use this material more often. Thought I would share my review.