View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Use the search on the forum, type in arctic grayling….use google earth to check out areas prior to your adventure.

That’s what my son did and he put us on a honey hole that paid off, other spots not so but you gotta get your feet wet and enjoy the journey!

We found a deep slow moving pocket of water that held some beauties after 6 hrs of walking, stumbling in and out of the water, woods etc.
Funny how every hole looks promising. [emoji38]

At first in a few areas we were all stealthy but our flies got hung up etc and in many cases one person is waist deep in the water getting untangled from deadfall etc and three feet away the grayling were picking off either the fly or the dropper.

Super aggressive fish and very active once hooked up.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet pics

I had an awesome time once in northern Alberta.

Stopped beside the highway and walked down to a large river. After a number of casts and seeing nothing I walked 5 minutes upstream where a tributary flowed in… cast at the mouth and caught nothing. Walked 2 minutes up the trib to a pool and proceeded to catch 150. It was crazy.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin