View Single Post
Old 12-31-2023, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhawk1650 View Post
Be careful driving onto Pigeon Lake at Mulhurst. I was out checking ice depth yesterday and found 13” (measured with Jiffy Ice Scout) on both sides of crack and up to 13.5” a bit farther out. Problem is that straight out from launch, it looked very thin like someone fell through…13” and a foot right was 4.5” and a foot right of that was 1.5”. The bad area looked about 5ft wide along crack and towards launch about 4 ft. I found a stick and put it in hole with flag tape. I followed crack a couple hundred yds towards the point and was 13” either side but in crack was only 4-5” in places and was split open about 6” most places. It looks like people have been crossing to the right of the bad spot but is about an 8-10” drop back to the ice. To the left, someone has opened up an access through the heave with 13” on both sides but the crack is 4.5-5” only. Be careful going on the ice at Mulhurst…straight on could take you into the weak spot.
Thanks Fishhawk! That's pretty surprising! We were just walking on by Chrystal Springs Area but hearing about this fluctuation in thicknesses, I dunno know. Probably head to Buffalo then...