View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiekid View Post
Thanks! I had checked some out but I’ll stay in it. I found the most difficult par, like most things is starting. Do tune my bow and then decide the broadhead I want and work back? Which ways do I want to tune? Helical or straigh. More options than I ever imagined. Obviously you can successfully kill with almost anything, I proved that this year. But I want to be as effective and ethical as possible.
i will second Gun’s comments with Troy aka ranch fairy. he’s is a little quirky but does touch on a lot of good things. i started off with one of his arrow test kits to with sirius archery. you can get 2 pairs of arrow shafts 300/350 for example and point weights in 100/125/150/175/200 and shoot a variety of setups and 2 spines to see what you bow “likes” is a way to get into tuning without adjusting your bow a lot. sort of how recurve guys do it i guess and have read. then you can go from there. it helped me learn a bunch and a cheaper way than buying half dozen arrow shafts at a time. from there once i had my “favourite point weight” i fletched a few different fletches and shot them before buying a dozen or more arrow shafts to get all set up! here is the link to them

https://siriusarchery.com/rf-test-kits/