View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Are the fishcops just posturing when they threaten you with these tickets, or are they trying to get you to admit to something?
I have had very few interactions with fish cops in my life, never got a ticket, but always had to argue about something.
I usually leave the interaction wondering "Is this guy for real? There is no way someone thinks like that."
After pondering it, I decide they must just be arguing for the sake of arguing; hoping that I'll accidentally confess to some wrongdoing.
Yep - they’re trying to get you talking. Dont take it personally, it’s a regular investigative technique.

Regarding the examples above, they (and others) sometimes confuse precedent/case law with the wildlife act. A weapon does not have to be present for a person to be “hunting” under the act, however Alberta judges have established that they will not convict an offender of a hunting violation, without said offender being in possession of a “weapon”. Which has lead to the reverse interpretation, that if you have a weapon you are hunting, which is entirely incorrect.

But mostly they are good guys who are doing their best to protect the resource, while dealing with never ending cuts and adversarial bosses/prosecutors/judges.