Thread: Hip replacement
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 06:05 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I rarely post private health or personal information, but there are so many people waiting in the 3 to 4 year queue for surgeries of all sorts I thought I would make an exception. If you can pursue the private option I highly recommend it.

Just out of hip surgery done privately. As I sit here on the edge of the bed at the Clear Point facility in Toronto I can say that the private pay option is the way to go if you can. T))Remember, the surgery, flights and accommodation are classed as a medical expense so are fully deductible on your taxes. Surgery is 28,000, business class fights for two so you have enough leg room 3500 (you can get medical forms filled out so you get better leg room in economy, as well as a bit of a break on your companions flight costs, so may want to explore that), hotels and food for two (Clear Point has a room deal with the Sheraton Airport across the steeet, 165 a night. Decent hotel, very good on site restaurant, bar, nearlby restaurants, good gym, pool etc. Full ammenities), 1500.

I arrived at 7 this morning. Fully prepped by 8, back in recovery room at 9. Zero issues except for fluctuating blood pressure that settled down by 10. No headache, dizziness or vomitting, anistetic wore off quickly and well. No pain to speak of, even now 10 hours later. My leg, even with the incision, hurts almost not at all, even walking and for sure WAY less that it did before surgery. Only pain killers are two Tylenol about every 4 hours.

Was up walking around at 3 and have taken 4 more short walks since then. Good range of motion in the fixed leg. They make me use a walker and go slow but I could easily walk without it. Can put full weight on the fixed leg and can sit upright on the edge of the bed, or stand unassisted.

Service and care has been spectacular. Dr Cayen is top notch amd does a ton of these surgeries. Nursing staff are attentive, friendly and have a sense of humour. So are the orderlies. Overnight recovery rooms are large and are private. They have tv but bring your signin passwwords for Prime Netflix etc as there is no cable or free tv. I didn't do that but lots to entertain with other stuff. .

Will be discharged about 10 tomorrow, spend 2 more days in Toronto at the Sheraton hotel just across the street then fly home.
Glad to hear you got it done Dean! I expect it to be huge life improvement for you sir… Heal well!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23