View Single Post
Old 11-15-2023, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
6.5 Creedmoor would get my vote. If there are so many on the used market, my guess is that would simply be a reflection of the incredible number of rifles sold in that chambering over the last decade.

Sent from my MP24 using Tapatalk
My bet is that there are a lot more Swede 6,5x55 currently in use around the globe than there will ever be Creeds. The fact that it is relegated to the Bottom of the pile by most US published loading manuals and Magazine Editors because of it's age and birthplace doesn't make it obsolete. It's some the rifles they were chambered in at the time is what caused that ..not the cartridge itself.

A 65x55 Swede cartridge , loaded to modern pressures , with modern powders and projecties in modern rifles will do more than hold its own against all others in it's class, plus it will handle 160 gr projectiles with ease. It's stellar reputation as a BG cartridge was based on them. But, it isn't an original American cartridge which is a real bonus for the Creedmoor here in its native land. The Swede is now a century or so old and is still ahead of the pack when it comes to overall performance and efficiency.

Not at all knocking the Creed, but as a cartridge in and of itself, it can't do what the Swede was bred to do, and will continue to do for many more decades. It is what it is.