View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendyRendy View Post
I have a couple 99's and so does my father.

My father has a both the 300 sav and 308. The 300 is less recoil but not by a whole lot.

They shoot straight and are pretty accurate, put a 2.5x or 4x scope on it and you can manage groups around an inch.

There's a few variations as well in the 99 series such as the 99F or Featherlite where the barrel is thin for weight reduction and as well as the 99C which uses a magazine instead of the internal rotary magazine, down side of that is the magazine holds only 4 rounds and the internal hold 5 and you lose the round counter feature.

I would personally go with the 308 for your sake since you don't reload. 300 sav is $60 plus if you can find it. 308 is cheaper and plentiful
Thanks for a the advice, one thing I noticed is that 180 grain factory loads seem to be currently non existant for the .300. I'm sure they must have been availible at some point, but seem to have been discontinued.