View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
This may be a dumb question, but what kid of price range is it to have a top quality shoulder mount done versus a head mount versus a euro mount? I honestly have no clue... I imagine like anything the spread can be quite large and some guys are worth more money than another.
Euros: I did one for around $200 in supplies including the burner. It stinks while simmering, and the smell really sticks to you. Big animals like elk and moose are somewhat time consuming do well, deer are easy. The end result is scent free and awesome.

I had one done for iirc $150 by a member on here - my wife was pregnant and I knew better than to be simmering a moose head, even in the back yard. She even likes the euros hanging up in the house, but one shift of the wind and I would have been sleeping outside.

If you’re gonna do it yourself, don’t wait and don’t freeze it either. Both will cause a smell to sink into the bone and it’ll have to stay outside. I made a mistake by freezing my first muley and doing it the next spring. Ended up having to cut the skull off and throw it out, just kept the antlers.