View Single Post
Old 10-25-2023, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck99 View Post
Really, Saskatchewan has fabulous opportunity. Greater than they ever had before. BC continues to have great options for hunters. They have made changes to make it better for residents but they still have a thriving moose population. The Yukon still has opportunity. Manitoba east, I can't comment.
Look again at BC they have had numerous studies regarding their declining moose populations and on going cut backs to hunting opportunities. There has been a huge push to consult FN to hopefully get a decrease in cow harvest. A lot of BC moose populations are in decline and no where near past numbers

I am originally from BC and still have lots of family/friends there. BC’s management will give hunter opportunities on much lower populations than Alberta will. The spike fork season is one of the biggest false opportunities

Talking to hunters I know in Ontario and it’s a similar story of declining moose numbers/decreasing opportunities

I have not spoke to family in Manitoba in a few years but last time my uncle was also talking moose numbers being down

Just because some areas have opportunities to hunt doesn’t mean moose numbers are not decreasing

One thing I have noticed with Alberta is management is more conservative and they will go to a restrictive draw faster the some other provinces