View Single Post
Old 10-12-2023, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballertrawler II View Post
Years ago I took some Israeli folks on a tour and we had some interesting discussions and I asked about why there was such hatred between Palestinians and himself and he stated how he thought they were the most crooked, thieving bunch of vermin he ever knew and how his brother was killed by them while at a stop light and he would like to see them all dead...

The thought went though my mind, I bet the Palestinians feel the same way and have probably had a similar circumstance that one realizes that the hatred runs so deep that peace will never be possible.

It made me glad to live in this country and the importance of treating everybody with dignity, respect and kindness.

When you think of the atrocities and innocents in the crossfire, on both sides it is really sad.

I remember a cartoon once that said, why do we kill, murder, rape, and torture our enemies and their familes.... "Because we fighting a religious war"
You will never beat,bomb,kill or terrorise people into submission. Having said that if we launched a nuke at Russia we can't then say now we are ready for peace and expect Russians not to retaliate with nuke headed our way.