Thread: Torqeedo
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2023, 08:51 AM

Take a look at the Spirit Evo.

https://www.epropulsion.com/spirit-evo/

I would recommend over the Torqeedo. Better connect, not at all finicky. I have two of the heads and they are very easy to switch out. And they float…just in case you are clumsy like me.

It was the quick plug and play and weight that sold it for me. I was getting tired of lugging 70 lb a piece bug interstate acid cells for my 55 lb thrust. Spirit is light even with battery in. Nice carrying handles as well.

At 30% power I can just exceed what was full out in my 55 lb thrust. Hits about 5.1 to 5.2 km/hr at 30% and I can get just over 10 km/hr at 100% if I’m by myself. I have a 12 foot Lund aluminum. I was worried about to little weight when by myself but I was proven wrong. Got caught in a nasty storm at Maligne and the extra torque actually pushed through no problem. 2 to 2.5 foot waved as well. My old one would have struggled even with the extra weight.

And, love it on small potholes as well. Never run out of battery and quick to get around or get back quicker when needed.

One big complaint, tilt. There is none. Either fully up or fully down. Just have to watch on shallow launches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk