View Single Post
Old 09-28-2023, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I really went back and forth on the .338 Fed and the .338-06 A Frame (Prophet River had a Cooper in the -06 that I almost bit on). Ultimately I settled on the short action, more moderate Federal because I have osteoarthritis in my shoulders and wanted to manage the recoil in a light rifle. Also, if you went with the -06, I figured you may as well get a .338 WM and not muck about.

There really isn't a wrong answer. Any of those lobbing a 200+ gr bullet is going to work.
Yeah, if I reloaded I would probably be shooting one of those two rounds. At the ranges I usually kill stuff the extra velocity of a magnum would be worse than useless, the idea of going to a bigger bullet is much more appealing but I dont really want to go the 45-70 route. I think something in the .338 Fed to 350Rem range would be ideal for a guy that mainly hunts bush, but does need to make the very occasional 300 yard shot.