View Single Post
Old 09-21-2023, 08:49 AM

Default 2023/2024 Calgary Flames

Well, with the first NHL preseason game scheduled for tomorrow and camp started, I felt it was time to start this thread. I must say, I don't have high hopes for the club, but am looking forward to the season with the proposed injection of youth into the lineup. It will be nice to see no Lewis, Ritche (as much as I liked Brett), Leivo, Looch, Rooney, etc. type players on opening night and they certainly should be more entertaining to watch.

While I don't think guys like Honzek, Zary, Poirier have much of a shot, I fully expect to see Wolf, Coronato, and Pelletier get some games with guys like Ruzicka and Duehr almost being locks.

Assuming they can get a reasonable return, I'd also welcome them trading Hanifin, I don't mind:
Weegar-Andersson
Kylington-Tanev
being our top four with Zadorov being the fifth guy. May not happen, but I don't think it's the end of the world if he's gone, as long as he doesn't walk for nothing in the summer.

I don't mind the look of this lineup and hope a new coach (who is hopefully less stubborn and actually practices the PP), some skill/speed vs "veteran presence", and a few guys turning their game around makes all the difference.

Top three in the division may be tough, but I feel we definitely have a shot at the playoffs.

Go Flames!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flames Lineup.jpg (33.3 KB, 60 views)