View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 07:02 AM

I'm no expert but I have got 6 elk so fall by calling, but I'm a rifle hunter, I've had big bulls sneak in silent and also had them come in full bore, satellite bulls are the easiest to call in as they have been run off by the herd bulls, if they get down wind of you the gig is up, always watch the down wind side to see if there is a bull sneaking around to get your wind.

Don't over call, if you don't get an answer or see a bull sneaking in with about 3 calls spread out over 20 minutes move on. The last bull I called in was a 5 x 5 and from the time I blew the call until I shot him was no more than 3 minutes so every set is is different, I shot a 6 x 6 that took 1/2 hr to entice before he showed himself and I had to work him with cow calls.

Good luck, nothing better than calling elk it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up when a big bull lights up and gets close, be ready you may only get a quick shot.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.