View Single Post
Old 08-17-2023, 12:48 AM

Was at Crawling Valley on the 16th. Swimming beach was really low.

Launched in the marina without issues. Boat popped off the trailer as it usually would.
The inlet was low ..... really low. Took a couple of pics of 2.6ft and 2.9ft but of course, once the phone gets set down we go over a couple of short 2.2ft sections. With the motor tilted up there was no issue. I would not want to have to pass by another boat in the inlet.

Daughter caught this little fella in about 20 fow.

Interesting note. When we stopped for lunch, we set our jigging rods in the rod holders while we ate. Her end of the boat was in about 10 fow and mine was in about 15. She caught another perch on a 1/4 oz jig and switched over to a 1/16 oz jig. She caught another half dozen or so perch and a couple smallish walleye. Two of the perch would have been keepers if we were keeping.

I have to say it was a real nice day on the lake. Wednesday was a relatively cool day with temps in the mid/high 20's and there was a slight breeze. We didn't see a ski boat until late afternoon and didn't see a single wake boat. Maybe 10 fishing boats scattered around the lake so it was a real quiet day.