View Single Post
Old 08-03-2023, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
I would never sleep at night knowing that my expensive new boat was floating around in the lake or tied to a dock - too many storms and shady characters.

With a modern bunk trailer, a good launch, and some practice, it's not that much more difficult or time consuming to put your boat on the trailer for the night than it would be to anchor it securely. There's also no wading or paddling back and forth out to your boat (that alone would be a deal breaker for me), it'll be infinitely easier to put your cover on/off, you have access to all your fishing gear, and it can be plugged in to charge.

I think you'll quickly find that you'll be "in the same boat", when it comes to the idea of anchoring or beaching your boat overnight. Nope.
100% agree with this. For the time it takes to load the boat, it is well worth not having to worry.

When we had a 'tinner' with a tiller we'd leave it on shore at night. If a big storm rolled in, the boat would fill with water and all sorts of debris. It doesn't seem like a lot, but one splash at a time can fill a boat. If it's a basic boat you just bail it out and head out on the water.

My boat doesn't sound as nice as a lot of the boats you guys are describing, but I would never leave my boat on shore at night.