View Single Post
Old 08-02-2023, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koleswrath View Post
Thought of a really important factor to our boat selection.

Since we typically camp at the cold lake MD campground in a lake front site, we're used to bringing the little 10ft up on the shore with the kayaks and leaving it over night. In my eyes this is the best thing about having a small boat.
I see some folks do the same with small fiberglass boats. Sort of beaching it as much as possible, tying a line to a tree, etc.
I would worry about the wind coming up during the night and just dumping wave after wave over the transom and having a bathtub instead of a boat in the morning (auto bilge pump notwithstanding).

I was thinking of anchoring any larger boat I got in 3-4 feet of water with the stern facing shore. Danforth anchor off the bow dug in nice and deep and a line to a tree at shore.
Would this be acceptable over night if a storm rolled in? I notice most people at the campground have their boats on the trailers a lot. Having the boat in the water ready to go is a huge convenience and we're trying to re-create a lake lot feel without paying the million dollar mortgages that an actual lake front lot at cold lake would require.
Appreciate any shared experiences here!
Greg
The cover on my Lund fits quite snug, and the design would stop the vast majority of the water from getting into the boat.