View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
We ended up going to Prince Albert and saved almost 7k
Well worth the 300 dollars in gas and a nice lunch.
Then went to Edmonton to save a bundle on a trolling motor, batteries, charger and installation.
It’s the wife’s boat and she took almost three years to get exactly what she wanted now it’s a pontoon boat but man she was picky on all the data she gathered etc
I like my kayak…. [emoji4]

Got a buddy that runs a Lund like elks, great boat for two or three anglers very stable when the wind picks up.

We had a 17.5 fish and ski combo when we had kids which was good for four to six people.
Fishing the morning, play all day then fish in the evening and it could take the windy days too but as mentioned it’s just not fun at all.

Barry jays marine has a beauty boat the sport 172 max on sale, add a min kota, batteries, charging system and a hummingbird and your golden!!!

https://www.barryjaysmarine.com/New-...05640?ref=list

I know it’s easy to spend others money [emoji38]

Again good luck you will find your boat soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome info, I LOVE fishing out of my Kayak! That Sport 172 is an amazing boat for that price eh! I really like the 98" beam of the 182 though. Would make for a bit more of that pontoon stability . Barry Jay's would definitely be my best bet. Good to see you were happy with them. Hopefully they'll get some trade ins this fall.