View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
I use an LR3 Long Range camera system. It uses a camera that transmits to the unit you have at the shooting position. I’ve used it out as far as 1900m with great results. With the caveat that the terrain must be suitable (line of sight between the two units) for it to be reliable. The manual says that with the proper terrain, it will work up to 2 miles. I use it on every trip to the Edson range.

One of the coolest things about it is, because of the longer transit times the further out you go, you can actually watch the round hit. I would break the trigger shooting at 1500 metres, and glance over to the screen on my iPad and watch it hit or miss. You can learn so much about doping at long range with something like this.

You can also record your shots and watch it later. It also does snap shots.
Whoooa nice system and cool idea! I’ve bought a Shot Marker system and have used it only a couple times but it’s awesome. Stores shooting stats and images of shot placement at firing line. Not sure if it’d work for slower calibre rounds though as I think there maybe a lower threshold fps for it to work. I wanna say 1200 fps… not totally sure. For load development for my needs it works great so far.
Shot Marker is a Canadian Co., to.
Cheers,
j