View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Is Canada still giving money to England?

According to the League, Canadians shelled out $58,749,485.52 in 2019-2020 for the crown, although this is apparently a 5.95% decrease from the last survey.

While that sounds like an eye-watering amount, the League says it works out to be approximately $1.55 per individual Canadian.

Of this amount, it's the governor general's office that costs the most at $1.27 per person, per year. Lieutenant governors and their offices to the queen cost an additional $0.27 per capita.

Your $1.55 per year would be more useful where? If you think that getting rid of the Monarchy would in some way benefit you financially as a tax payer I have some ocean view property I would like to sell you out here in Stony Plain.

58 million a year wouldnt even cover a whimsical Trudeau giveaway for his idea of the week ..
Also if you know anything at all about how Ottawa works you would figure out that they can surely spend more than that per year on the “presidents” wants and needs
Let's wait and see those figures updated for next year. I'd like to see how much our (Canada's) ties will cost us this year with being affiliated with the monarchy, the legal changes, the reprinting, the pomp, etc.

I also love seeing how 58 million is all of a sudden chump change and not a big deal when the narrative fits your viewpoint. Spin it around, throw in Trudeau and Ottawa,.. yada yada, etc.. argument made. God save the King.