View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
My wife is a teacher, so I hear and know what you go through.

I use to tell my kids teacher that their job was to educate my kids, my job was to discipline them. If there was a problem, I’d be there to do that.

Never got a call, my kids now as adults say the worst fear was a phone call home and they never let that happen. I’m 63, and probably as old school as it gets, my kids grew up like they where kids in the 60’s.
Yes. It’s the parents job to keep kids in line. Now many use school as a free daycare and a free and easy child training program. Look at the uproar that was created when parents had to be with their kids during the pandemic. When the kids were allowed back in school after restrictions I was shocked how many of my friends had no idea what was going on in the schools as far as the attitude towards the kids involving restrictions and what these kids were required to endure. They were just so grateful for free daycare again. However when restrictions involved a concert many became concerned. It’s not the kids or the school that are the real problem.

Some real good parents out there but I have also been shocked at how many have no idea what’s going on in the schools and how they don’t care. We have lost the grassroots community influence in schools as well with regional,provincial and federal boards making decisions for schools. They have no idea what the community values, no do they wish to know and are using schools as a way to push social agendas instead of focusing on education.

Need more grassroots and community and parent involvement. The school my kids go to a bunch of parents banded together, got involved and lobbied for change and while it wasn’t easy it turned out to be quite effective. I got nothing but positives to say about the teachers and kids in the school my kids go to it’s been a fantastic place for my kids to learn and develop.

Last edited by ganderblaster; 09-02-2022 at 07:48 AM.