View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
I’ll say it a thousand times. There’s no reason the government can’t take over the administration of hunting permission on leases. Treat each lease like a WMU apply for permission and if you don’t get it your priority raises for next year. Some leases with little hunting pressure would have the same hunters back year after year and the busy/desirable ones a fellow. Might have to wait a couple years. Everyone would get their turn. The government could make some revenue that could be used partially for lease remediation when idiots cut fences etc. there’s no down side. When people buy the wildlife certificate it should include insurance to protect the lease owners and even provide $ for search and rescue etc.
I like this idea. They already have to allow access for oil field workers, contractors, surveyors county personnel etc. They don’t know a lot of them. If they have the name and contact info of the hunter who is accessing it that would be more than what is expected from others that are accessing this land.
I personally know of two people that are abusing this system. One is profiting from it. He sells access to his land and the lease. I know this because I had access to this lease until He realized he could make money. The others just like tying up the land in case they may want to use it. If you ask Fish and wildlife they will say it’s somebody else’s responsibility and nobody seems to care.
Sometimes I think Fish and wildlife dislikes hunters. I guess that’s a whole other conversation.