View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 04:24 PM

Default Great day for Holland

I am a little astonished with the Kane deal. I can only presume that, once given permission to talk to other teams, he perhaps found out that other teams were somewhat shying away on term and/or money.

And while I am concerned about the term, given his personal, off-ice history (including his previous relationship with the Sharks franchise), the numbers are the numbers, when judged solely by the on-ice performance.
Meaning...5.125 AAV is an absolute steal for the Oilers. Like on the level of grand theft auto highway robbery.

As for the other signings, I am fine with the Campbell deal, pretty much the best we could do without involving a blockbuster trade and giving up assets. Kulak contract is also great value imho.

Next season looks very very bright for the Oil. Just gotta figure out a way to beat the Avalanche.

We lost out on Connor Brown, so I'd like to see some more depth scoring, and depth toughness.Additionally, if Niemeläinen could prove he can skate and move the puck at the NHL level, he's the type of toughness we need on defence. If Niemeläinen isn't the answer, then I am in favour of another tough, shut-down D to complement our otherwise talented defensemen corps. Of course, that might be the type of player we acquire at next season's trading deadline.

Assuming we sign Mcleod and Yamamoto to reasonable deals, actually, we're pretty good to go to start the next season! Maybe not enough to win the Cup, but enough to compete for top 3 in the conference, then Holland can see what we need via trade mid season, or at the deadline.

A lot of this comes down to how well Campbell plays. We need at least a solid 0.915 out of him.

Awesome day!