View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 02:50 PM

News pundits are asking why the Libs didn't ban handguns, such as in Raquel Dancho's interview on CTV, her response was rather bland in my view, so I posted this on the post on it. This is my view on it anyway;

A handgun ban is impossible to enforce for one, it would, and this legislation will also, create a black market far larger than what exists today. A buyback is too expensive, also impossible to fully enforce, and if the gov't doesn't pay enough, creates the same expanded black market as a ban. We already have 400,000+ people like the NS shooter that were/are prohibited from owning firearms, that wasn't and isn't enforced or tracked. Firearms licence holders are tracked every day. We still don't know what the buyback will cost us, yes, that is us, the taxpayer. The Libs really don't have the funds for it, just another part of the deficit. Then there is the cost of trying to chase down those who don't participate in a ban or buyback. Along with the courts insistence on releasing people charged with firearms offences, including murder, on bail, so they can go out and do it again, plenty of examples of that. TO and other police chiefs will confirm that. And now, the SCC saying a life sentence is cruel and unusual punishment, along with their previous guidance to the lower courts to dismiss extra charges like firearms charges if there are other more important charges they can prosecute, so they drop the firearms charges. IF that isn't the picture of a clusterflop, I don't know what is.