View Single Post
Old 03-12-2022, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvaark View Post
I found lil gun to be very volatile, unpredictable. This is due, partly, bc of how small the cartridge is. CFE BLK was def my choice, 12.3 shot the best at .010 off the lands. Vmax 20 gr as well.

The only way my CZ will shoot well is with the bullet really close to the lands, the only thing consistent with this gun is it shot everything poorly, until it got close to the lands. Which renders the mag useless, and this thing is a pain to single shot. I have whined about this gun on here a few times now. I know, a lot of people rave about their CZ’s, but I’m not one of them. Pretty sure mine was the last gun made on a Fri before the long weekend.

Remember that this is a tiny cartridge, so when you change anything, always make your changes RELATIVE to the size ofThe cartridge; in other words make your changes small too.
My issue with Lil Gun is when we go out for ground squirrels, we usually set up portable benches, and stay put for an hour or two, and the ammunition sits on the bench, and on a hot day Lil Gun can be finicky.
I had a Ruger first, and it was a huge disappointment, the trigger was poor, and even after replacing it, the accuracy still was not good, so I spent time bedding, and eventually got it to shoot fairly decent, but not great. The CZ was much more accurate, and had a much better trigger, but feeding was so-so, and the best accuracy was with the bullet closer to lands than the magazine will allow. My Cooper is more accurate yet, and being a single shot, I just load for best accuracy, and a single shot isn't a real handicap for our style of shooting.