View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1212 View Post
Hello everyone!

Two close friends of mine have mentioned doing a father son hunting trip together. Our fathers are close and have various levels of hunting experience. We haven't hunted much together and want to try and tackle a grand hunting adventure before they get too old.

We are all fit and have been on many backcountry camping trips together.

As with most hunters, we value the experience over the result. My initial thought was to Elk hunt in the general 400's since we can get some mountain hiking and adventuring in. But now I am not so sure.

Does anyone have any recommendations on fun hunting adventures (paid or not) that 3 young guys and their fathers could go on?

Cheers,
Depends on your budget. If you all happen to be rich miners go do a caribou guided trip you’ll remember for a life time. If your budget is low you could definitely do an ek hunt, may have to be archery depending on draw status.

Personally I’d go a bit differently and do an upland adventure in the states. Try and go for a slam in the dakotas or something. Biggest reasons being you can do the tenting but the hunting lends itself to getting to know your family better