View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Looking that way, and certainly will unless we stand up to them.

As a result of the Blueberry Band court ruling last year which stated the BC government infringed on their rights, the same government just made a back door deal with the band which allows them to continue with the resource extraction in the band's territory - in exchange for limiting hunters/anglers/campers/hikers (and more) access to the areas in question.

This is wildlife management by social pressure not science. The NDP has once again sold out the general public for their own gain.

This is a massive blow that completely undermines the entire science-based wildlife management model.

However, a response campaign has been organized, letters are flowing, and meetings being set up with MLA's around the Province to express our concerns. I am hopeful this will get their attention. I am also hopeful that should they try and proceed that we have legal grounds to pursue the matter further (being investigated now).

Nog
Best of luck but I think BC hunters are in for a never ending battle and facts and science won’t defend it