Thread: 6.5 Grendel
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
You are correct fps=speed ft/lbs= energy. It was late:

I still think the Grendel and many other rifle are capable of taking game with in there limits.
Speed has it's place but a well placed .375 H&H bullet destroys much less meat then a hyper velocity .22 earsplittenloudenboomer.
All things are relevant. I have tore up mule deer shoulders/ribs with a .260 running super fast. Punched pin holes through coyotes with slower big game bullets, and also pie plate exits using 95gr. bullets traveling at a much faster rate, all from the same rifle.
Matching your cartridge to your target, to the range you intend to shoot at that target, matched with a properly constructed bullet to best do the job all come into play.
I don't own a Grendel yet. I feel it would be a much better choice out in the varmint field then any of my other 6.5 variants. And if a Antelope, WT or Muley, happened to walk out within an acceptable range and I had the proper hunting bullet in my pocket, I would not feel under gunned in any sense of the word.
I agree, but the case size of a grendel only allows for the slower side of the spectrum. Your never going to be able to load it fast. You lose the versatility