View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 06:21 PM

Just finished my third time up at Cold Lake. Had a great three day trip with my Dad where we landed 41 Lakers. Fished 80-130ft. Thursday the fish were most active around 80ft and the deadsticks were going off all day. On Friday we found them out in 130ft and had only two hits on the iFish Pros all day, but they were chasing 2-4” swimbaits, hair jigs and spoons like crazy. On Saturday presentations had to be slowed right down but hair jigs and swimbaits tipped with a small piece of sucker meat pounded on the spot just above bottom was the ticket to trigger bites. As soon as we tried to instigate a chase by reeling they’d lose interest and slide back down to the bottom. Compared to past trips we caught and marked far less suspended fish.
The quality of fish was great this year, we got several that were in the 28-30” range.

The highlight of the trip was this 35 1/4” laker I caught while jigging a 4” swimbait. Saw chase the lure up and down 3 times before it finally hit. By far my biggest laker ever and the most challenging fight I’ve had with a fish through the ice. The line guides on my rod froze up and had to be cleared mid fight. Just a gorgeous thick and healthy fish. Got a quick measurement and couple pictures before sending her back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk