View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 10:25 AM

The new gunwerks sling swivels on the side of the stalk are awesome. No trigger guard rubbing in your back, holds it tighter with a shorter sling, and generally holds well.

The ministers raffle "is still being organized" as per AFGA last week in a message to me. Hopefully should be up soon. Would be awesome if they increased the number of raffle tags (Sheep north of the river, south of the river), a 365 day elk tag, antelope, grizzly, goat, moose, wolverine, whatever.

As to those who have never heard of the ministers raffle before for residents - tickets are usually $10 for Elk and Mule Deer and last year i believe they sold about 2500-3000 tickets. Sheep sell for $20 and last year had 7,500 tickets. Last year, as far as i am aware, they sold about 60-70% of the total raffle tickets.

Always a pretty cool chance at an awesome hunt. The last 5 years, not many true monster animals have been harvested - sheep typically range in the 185-190 range, elk in the 300-330 range and mule deer in the 180-190 range and many elk/mule deer holders go home empty handed holding out for a true giant.

I held the Elk tag in 2016. Was an awesome experience and met many people during my travels and question periods that i still talk to today. A great hunt, but 6 years later, don't expect to hunt for a 350+ bull unless you pay an outfitter or can put in some serious time. In my opinion.