View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post

The Jets vs Oilers game the other night the 3 broadcasters talking about how more penalties need to be called against Connor during the intermission, then in the third period the Jets were all over the Oilers and the play by play guy says the Refs have put the whistles away and are letting the players decide the outcome like it should be.... WTF!
I didn't watch the game so I can't say if they were warranted good calls or bad, but...

“I don’t think we deserved as many (penalties) as we got,” groused head coach Dave Tippett.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...-key-setbacks/

You shouldn't be screaming for more penalties called for your team(player), then complaining when they get called against you.

The Refs do a decent job for managing the games, and I have to say it is probably one of the hardest jobs on the planet. Easy to do with slow motion, replays and close ups. Not so much in real time at full speed, depending on where you are positioned on the ice.

It sucks when your team is on the receiving end of 5 calls, but it happens and you have to deal with it.